We would like a way to track purchase quotes from vendors. We have hundreds of items in our database and can buy most of our items from multiple vendors. When we get price sheets or quotes from vendors it would be great if we could store this data in SalesPad.
I see a lot of benefits to adding this functionality.
- Our industry can be highly volatile from a supply and cost standpoint so we can keep track of which vendors have a certain item available and what the cost would be from them so we can react faster.
- We can then make sure we are buying from the best vendors.
- We can keep track of when a vendor is out of an item and document when they may have it available again so we know when to ask for a new quote.
- We can more efficiently look for products from vendors since we have greater clarity to who may or may not have the item available.
- I see endless possibilities with the data we collect. For a couple examples,
- We could track pricing trends in order to position ourselves inventory wise (should we go long or short on this item)
- We could track availability trends of items and to also help position ourselves inventory wise.
- We could better negotiate with vendors since we will be better equipped with market data.
I really think this idea could benefit a lot of companies so if anyone wanted to discuss this idea I would love to do that with them.